Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Rainbow

This happened back before Christmas, but I never got around to sharing it.

The jist of things was this:
Lena: Mummy!! Mummy, look!! A rainbow! It's a really really is a rainbow!! LOOK, Mummy!
Me: Hmmm?
Lena: It's a RAINBOW!
Me: (Look outside at the cloudless, sunny day) ...Yes, Lena. Very nice...
Lena: No, Mummy. A rainbow on the floor, a rainbow!
Then she tugged me over to the floor where a beam of sunlight was hitting a vase just perfectly and refracting into a rainbow on the floor.
Lena: See, Mummy? A RAINBOW! It's sooooo beautiful!

Proceeded by much ooh-ing and ahh-ing by Lena, and me trying to snap pictures of her unadulterated glee. It was fascinating to see her try to work out what was happening as she did all the usual toddler investigative stuff like sniff it, trying to grab it, kissing it, licking it...



Oh, to be a child....

3 comments:

  1. Wow! Those are such beautiful pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love, love, love this!! And I'm way impressed with the pictures. Can I hire you to follow my kid around all day and take amazing pictures, cuz otherwise I'm afraid it just won't happen with me...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, Lorie. You are too funny :)

    ReplyDelete