Monday, March 22, 2010

Cross Dressing

One thing that Lena loves to do lately is be everything 'princess'. We haven't exactly encouraged it, but she has gravitated toward anything girly. She frequently wanders around the house with a handbag, requests to have her hair 'done up like a pretty princess', dresses up in tutus and prances around the house, and turns her brother into frogs with her magic wands. Oliver adores his sister, and wants to do everything that she does. He isn't really old enough to grasp the concept of gender-appropriate dressing, and nor have we really cared to set boundaries, so the outcomes have often forced me to stifle giggles. 

One of Lena's favorite accessories right now are headbands. She wore one to Claire's wedding, and ever since then we have had to hide the darn thing so she won't wear it constantly.


I love her gesture in this picture.

So, I guess it was to be expected that Oliver would notice how much Lena loved her coveted headbands. And I guess it was also expected that when he happened across one of these beloved accessories he would wear it with pride. And I guess it was to be expected that, since he is a boy, he would wear said accessory the wrong way. Jeez... get it right, son.




Which reminds me... I am pretty sure I never got around to sharing this picture. It is from about a year ago. I forgot how dark his hair used to be. A lot has changed since then... Well, you know, apart from Oliver's desire to accessorize with Lena's stuff.

3 comments:

  1. Makes me want to go get a headband for Cash.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome. Can't wait for our own little cross-dresser to get here. How have you guys been beyond crazy kid antics? I miss being able to visit you guys after Phoebe goes to bed. *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahahahaha...well, I think I feel good about the fact he at least wears them wrong :)

    ReplyDelete