Thursday, October 2, 2008

Pi-a, Pi-a, Pi-a-no!

I am so excited. In two weeks we will be welcoming a new addition to our family: a brand new Kawai K2 as a belated wedding present from my parents.




(For those of you who don't know, yes, it has been over two years since I got married; no, my parents have not been withholding their gift from me; and yes, they were happy that Evan and I got hitched. Plus, not only did Evan and I not have room in our first few places that we lived in, we knew we could be moving around a lot, and a piano can be quite the moving burden.)

I am pretty happy with my choice. I had been debating a long time over a couple of models, one of which was a very nice used Yamaha U3, which, as you piano aficionados out there will know, is an excellent piano. However, for all of its excellence it was just too big for our apartment. (My Mum said that if it had have been her she would have gotten rid of our couch to make room. Sadly, we need the seating, and for all of its ugliness, it actually is a comfortable couch). So, our K-2, being quite a bit smaller will just about fit. The nice thing is though that even though the K2 is on the small side it has a much fuller sound than its size would suggest, although not so big that it will overwhelm our entire apartment complex. Neighbors, you can thank me later.

I am so excited for having a good piano (any piano, really) around that I can use whenever I so please. I am looking forward to improving my somewhat lacking piano skills (To all of my neighbors: I apologize in advance) and I am really excited at the prospect of being able to instill a love of music in my children in the way that my Mum did for me and my sisters.

I will let you know when it finally arrives!

2 comments:

  1. Hurray! Play very loudly so I can hear!

    ReplyDelete
  2. gosh, I'm totally thrilled for you! That will be a lovely addition to your appartment and your already darling family!!! We heard that Oliver's blessing was beautiful... wish we could have made it, but glad to enjoy it from afar(:

    ReplyDelete