Saturday, October 11, 2008

My Mum

I miss my Mum. She went back home last Saturday after being here for three weeks, and it was so wonderful to have her here. She cleaned our house (and insisted that she enjoyed doing it), did our laundry, picked up after Lena, cooked us food, looked after Lena so I could sleep, looked after Oliver so I could stay sane, made sure both kids had ample bathtime, changed nappies (diapers)... I love my Mum! She is amazing, and I miss having her around! There is no-one like your Mum to make sure you are taken care of!

We also had the opportunity to attend a session of conference while she was here. Mum had never been before and my previous experience there 5 years ago had been somewhat lackluster due to some irritatingly distracting sparkly necklaces that the women in the Tab Choir were wearing. It was really nice to not only be able to go with my Mum, but to actually listen to the talks.

I am also really glad that my kids got to spend some time with their Grandma. Oliver won't remember anything, but Lena hopefully will remember enough that she will remember Grandma the next time she sees her. And I am also glad that my Mum got to spend time with her Grandbabies. I wish we could live close enough that she could see them more regularly and not miss out on so much. Maybe one day...

3 comments:

  1. I am so glad to hear that you had a wonderful time with your mom! Aren't our Moms the best?! I am sad we didn't get to see her. Ryan and I have said to each other probably 3 times in the last 3 days how much we miss having you guys around. We decided that you should look into moving out here...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to laugh at the comment about the sparkly necklaces. :) Seriously, who comes up with their outfits?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwww ... you make me want to cry. I miss you guys too.

    ReplyDelete