Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Time flies when you're having... fun?

Quick(ish) update:

We are still alive.

I have been back at school since May. Full-time.

I will be mostly done with my degree by the time Evan graduates. I will have completed all my major credits.

I wish I had been as dedicated to my school-work last time around as this time.

Evan is still in school and will graduate in April. Full-time. Plus work.

Did I mention Evan is The Man and taking 22 credits this semester?

And next.

And we are both doing capstone classes next semester, too. Crazy? Why, yes.

We got a dog. Her name is Lulu. She is a 3 year old Greater Swiss Mountain Dog. With a puppy brain.



The kids love the dog.

Oliver turned two.

Evan turned 26.

Alena turned 16.

Oliver joined the circus.


We saw Aunty Hayley in CA in August.


The kids got 'bikes'. And love them.



Potty training is complete. (The grand finale was last night as Oliver wandered into my room and proudly announced, "Mummy, I did poops!" at which point I had visions of poop trails on my carpet. But actually it was in the toilet. Alhamdulillah.)

We went camping. Twice.



We went hiking. A lot.




And saw four moose.


We beached.



And parked.

Yes, that is our dog jumping up onto the slide. And, yes, she loves going down them, too.

And I ran a 5k in this:

Then overnight it went from this:

To this:


Ah, well. C'est la vie.

On with finals!

5 comments:

  1. Love the update! You sound VERY busy. Also - what type of camera/lens do you use? Your pics are GREAT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Emily. I use a Canon 40D that I got about 2.5 years ago. Lenses aren't anything fancy... just the standard kit lens, the basic f1.8 50mm plastic lens (until Ollie broke it a few weeks back), and a Lensbaby Composer. But I have learned the best equipment is what you already have an what you know. I have seen photographers use iPhones and produce magazine worthy photographs, and then I have seen some people decked out with the best equipment money can buy who still can't figure out something as basic as composition or lighting. I still have a long way to go, but thanks for letting me know I am doing something right! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH MY fabulous pictures! I was going to ask exactly what Emily asked, so thanks, Emily, for asking, and thanks, Hannah, for answering! :)

    How in the world do you juggle full-time school with kids? You are super mom! It's awesome that you're doing it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the update. Love the pictures. Love your family.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So beautiful!
    You guys are awesome!

    ReplyDelete