Thursday, December 18, 2008

I Liiiiiiiiiiiike It!

Lena is officially a toddler. She is almost 2 going on 13, and whilst she has her moments of charm and cuteness (usually when she is performing for other people), most of the time she is , well, a monster. (I guess that is the price we pay for having her be so well-mannered as a baby.) Grocery runs can be particularly eventful, and last week was no exception. Exasperated after trying everything we could think of to keep her somewhat civil, we decided to break all the rules and find her something to keep her entertained. That something turned out to be a $1.50 worth of beads, plastic, tinsel, and feathers.

"Oooooo! Wooooow. I liiiiiiiiiiiiiiiike it. Mama, I liiiiiiiiiiike it. I liiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiike it."


This continued for the rest of the shopping trip, all the way home, and for the rest of the evening... interspersed with slurping/licking noises that accompanied Lena pretending her wand was a lollipop.


The next day she added new sound effects...

"Swiiiiish. Swiiish!! I Liiiiiiike it! Swiiiiiiish. Swiiiish. I liiiiiiiiike it."


... and pretended that her wand was a flute by playing it on its side and blowing on it.

"Fwoo-t, mama, fwoo-t!"


The best, though, was:

"Mama, i' magi-t (Mummy it is magic)! I liiiiiiike it. Swiiish!"

Since it is now magic, periodically I find Lena turning Oliver into pigs, trombones, and whatever else.

"Swiiiiish. [Then she bonks him on the head with her wand] Oh no, mama! Pig!"

And, it must be magic... look!


Awesome. Best $1.50 ever. Who said kids don't have the imaginations they used to?

2 comments:

  1. And a delicious lollipop it is. I should know; I had to lick it about ten times in a minute and a half. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. funnny i liiiiiikkkkeee iiittt. :0

    ReplyDelete