Thursday, August 16, 2007

Picture of the Day

One of the (many) things I love about my baby is the funny faces that she makes. She has become increasingly more expressive, and it is such a joy to see her experimenting with her facial muscles... especially when she cracks into a mischievous, cheeky grin! That grin she got from her daddy, of course.

Growing up I perfected the looking-innocent-when-guilty look and the "And, you are...?" look. Ask anyone; they will tell plenty of stories I am sure. Evan, from what I can gather and from the pictures I have been shown, had the cheeky smile. Baby, it seems, has inherited the cheeky smile - and now we are doomed to never being able to discipline her because she will make us laugh when we are trying to be mad.

Another look of Evan's that Baby has inherited is the one I snapped below while they were playing in the pool the other day. I think this is one of my favorite pictures of Evan and Lena together - I love her little lip - and what makes it even better was that they both looked at the camera at just the right time... I was having such a hard time before that of catching Baby's attention while she was having so much fun in there! Therefore, I have given this picture the 'Picture of the Day' award for being spontaneous and, in my honest but biased opinion, too dang cute!

3 comments:

  1. So cute! Hopefully she'll outgrow giving "organ recitals" like her daddy....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, and Ben would like to challenge your tall little lass to a crawl race. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. soooo cute.. i've seen evan make that face a million times. lena is much cuter doing it though!

    ReplyDelete