Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Our Car

We have a new car. Yes, it is true. We decided that as much fun as our 95 VW Golf III was it just was too old and too small for our ever growing little (big?) girl. Besides, it's only a 2 door and we didn't want to have to deal with strapping in an unwilling toddler into a car seat in the back at awkward angles... it just complicates things. So we traded out and moved on to bigger, better, and newer things. So now, instead of a little black fuel-efficient VW Golf we have... a little black fuel-efficient VW Jetta. I know, I know... it's just a Golf with more trunk space, but we liked our Golf and we needed the extra two doors but didn't want something big and heavy. We love it.


So, now we are all grown up and entering the real world... I mean for reals this time because getting married and having a kid wasn't really the real world. No, it is only now that we are buying a car to suit the needs of our family and making old people decision as it relates to safety and whatnot that we are embarking on a new chapter in our lives: Real Responsibility. And I hear it only gets worse from here on out. The joys of life.

I will miss our old car. It has been trusty and faithful and it is a wrench selling it because it, in a way, represents the life that Evan and I have had together this last year or so. But all good things must come to an end...

Oh yeah, and I passed my drivers theory, and am taking my test in about 2 weeks. Yay me!

4 comments:

  1. Yay ... a real "grown-up" car. The Golf would have been perfect for Hayley ... then again, maybe not!! Too zippy for a teenage learner driver!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so cute! Congrats! Any tips on getting the baby stench out of our fuel efficient, little black Civic?

    Love to Baby!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey thanks so much for dinner and letting us stop by and visit! Your car is so cute! I hope that everything goes well with selling the 2-door! When you get your license, we gotta hit the town! I can't wait to see you drive on the right side of the road! ;) Love ya, Claire

    ReplyDelete
  4. You write very well.

    ReplyDelete