Sunday, February 27, 2011

Buzz

This is Ollie.

Periodically we get conversations like this:
Me: Hey, Ollie. Can you come over here?
*Nothing*
Me: Ollie? Come here, please.
Ollie: I'm Buzz.
Me: Oh. Hey, Buzz?
Ollie: (Excited) Yes?
Me: Can you come here, Buzz?
Ollie: Yes! I'm Buzz Lightyear! To infinity and beyond!

He has even mastered the Buzz Lightyear/superhero hands-on-hip stance.

But perhaps the most endearing development is the laser. ("It's not a laser; it's a little lightbulb that blinks!") Said laser is activated by pointing a finger at a target, and using the other hand to push the laser button on the pointing hand.

I should also mention that Buzz likes to be tickled. And his preferred mode of defense when attacked my the Tickling Mummy Monster is to activate his laser with shooting laser noises. Yes, my son is so deep in character that he believes his superhero toy powers are real. It is fantastic.


1 comment:

  1. I love this!!! I had called Ollie over while babysitting and he said something I couldn't understand, Alena informed me that he was telling me he is Buzz Lightyear, this will be useful information in the future. Lena has powers too,don't forget :)

    ReplyDelete