Thursday, January 27, 2011

Project 52

As if I didn't have enough on my plate for the next little while, I signed myself up to do MCP Action's Project 52. For those of you who don't know, a project 52 basically 52 photos in 52 weeks. Easy? Sure! I can find the time to take one measly picture a week. Right?

Wrong. I got myself off to a great start by signing up late and missing the first week. Second week was better... I got a good picture going, but then I forgot when the deadline was and didn't submit it. But I did make week 3 and 4. Progress.

So, here are weeks 3 and 4:

Week 3/52
Theme: Shades of Grey



Week 4/52
Theme: Soothing Repetition


Week 3 is actually the door and barrel of my washing machine. You can tell that it gets tons of use from the condensation build up. I was also pleased because I didn't have to convert it to black and white. There were a LOT of black and white images that week.

Week 4 is a bracelet that Evan bought me a few years ago. The soothing repetition comes from the fact that every time I wear it I find myself absentmindedly spinning it bead by bead. Rosary style. Without the Catholic devotion.

My purpose in doing this project was to make sure that I find time to use my camera creatively. Pictures of my kids are great, and I love taking them, but I have a lot of them. I need to learn how to bring in some variety. And maybe it will force me to finally utilize more of my camera's capabilities. (Ha! I always say that...)



In other news, we are surviving school. Holy writing and research. That's all I'm gonna say.

Oh yeah. And on Monday I will have officially been on this earth for a quater of a century. Joy. I think I skipped some years... I would like to be 22 again. Kthnks.

4 comments:

  1. Wow, those are awesome! You are an inspiration: making time for creativity.... Maybe I can get out my camera to make our snow piles feel like something beautiful. Miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful.

    And I think you need to take more photos of your kids!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday! And I really enjoyed those pictures. They were great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like them! I'm doing a similar project this year. Except it's on my own. A lot harder to stay motivated...

    ReplyDelete