Wednesday, July 21, 2010

In case you didn't already know it, Comcast officially sucks

I understand that there are, from time to time, network issues that make it hard to deliver high-speed internet that your customers pay for.

However, this: http://www.speedtest.net/result/887660585.png is not acceptable. When we are *paying* to receive a service, it should arrive more or less as we've paid for it.

For those of you too lazy to click through the link, that shows our current internet speeds. We are getting a ping of about 1379 ms. And our "high-speed" is downloading at a whopping 0.24 mbps. (High speed is usually reserved for a 1mbps at least.) Ours is supposed to run at like 6 or 7. This is unacceptable.


Now is the time when I start looking to change service, because this is absolutely ridiculous.

4 comments:

  1. Evan, you clearly have not read my most recent blog post where I lament about how my cable was mistakenly disconnected for not 1, but 3 days. after calling not 1, but 5 times I finally got someone to adjust my bill and send a tech out. However, I doubt I will be made right and will also write a post titled "Comcast Sucks"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, yes. Comcast. I loathe Comcast. Especially in that building. It was awful there. We had a tech come look at our cables once, and he said the wiring into the building was the problem (of course it was; nothing is ever their fault, right?). Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's ridiculous. Ryan gets faster speeds than that using his cellphone as a wireless modem.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So...Alec and I saw a good deal for comcast cable, and being as we've gone about 3 weeks without TV and I'm going crazy without it, we decided to do it...it took 3 people and over 2 hours to actually get the deal they sent us in the mail...they kept trying to make us spend more money than we wanted and wouldn't admit this deal existed until we said fine, we won't get it then...I was SOO annoyed! Almost didn't do it anyway, but I really want cable...

    ReplyDelete