Saturday, August 2, 2008

Lena's Smoothie Experience

Today was oh-so-hot-and-muggy. I was terribly uncomfortable, which was only perpetuated by the fact that I am heavily pregnant (3 weeks left!!). Evan collected me and Lena from the "Baby Sprinkle" that Chelsea threw for me (thank you to all who came!) and we unanimously decided that big, cold drinks from Sonic were in order to save our family from dehydration and over-heating.

We got Lena a small smoothie, and were half-way home when Evan realized that her cup was leaking. The lid was on right... she hadn't tipped it upside-down... and then we realized she had punched a hole through the cup with her straw.



I call it smoothie-on-a-stick.

We thought it was pretty funny and quickly confiscated the cup for the rest of the way home to ensure that smoothie stickiness did not become a permanent feature of Lena's carseat. She, however, did not find that very funny at all. In fact, she was rather put out that we were not letting her enjoy her masterpiece, and that she was essentially strapped to the car and had no way of getting out!

All was resolved when we got home, though. And Lena even enjoyed that smoothie so much that finishing it wasn't enough: she licked the lid clean and then started to eat the cup when she was done.

At least we know she likes strawberry and banana smoothies.

3 comments:

  1. Ha ha, that's awesome. I have yet to find a decent smoothie here. I fear I'm going to just have to stock the ingredients myself. Not as fun!

    Best wishes for the next few weeks! You'll all be in our thoughts and prayers. I can't wait to meet Oliver!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I second that! Apparently there is a jamba juice somewhere in the city, but I have yet to embark on a mission to find it.

    Good luck with all of your travels and with everything else in the next while! I can't wait to see you and Evan and Lena and Oliver when I go down to San Diego!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's hilarious. You should market the "smoothie on a stick" . . . oh wait, that's what a creamsicle is. Nevermind.
    Also, you've been tagged: http://lifeintheabstract.blogspot.com/2008/08/ive-been-tagged.html

    ReplyDelete