Thursday, June 28, 2007

In Other News...

This week, I got my social security card through... finally. Now I can do what every other law-abiding resident of the USA does and pay taxes! Just what I always wanted. But it also lets me other things like get a drivers license, and apply for all the credit cards I want. Plus, now I can fill out any form and instead of leaving the SSN box blank and having to deal with the inevitable odd looks and dumb questions (confused face and "what, you don't have one?"), I can put in numbers and leave in peace. Marvelous.

Also this week I was able to watch my first rugby game of the year. I miss such simple pleasures as watching the All Blacks beat another team. It makes me happy. It also makes me happy that my husband and my baby enjoy it too. If there is any brainwashing that I will do as a parent it is to make my kids All Black fans, and that starts, I guess, with dressing them up in rugby apparel when they are too young to object. So anyway, here is a photo of our baby in all black gear, growing at the kind of rate that would make any aspiring Polynesian prop proud!

3 comments:

  1. Oh no .... not credit cards !!!???@*! Love the outfit (Lena that is). I want one. Go All Blacks yah. And go Team New Zealand in the Americas Cup (it's 2 all so far, best of 9).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hurrah for driving! Didn't Lena get her card before you? That's ridiculous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oi, achei teu blog pelo google tá bem interessante gostei desse post. Quando der dá uma passada pelo meu blog, é sobre camisetas personalizadas, mostra passo a passo como criar uma camiseta personalizada bem maneira. Se você quiser linkar meu blog no seu eu ficaria agradecido, até mais e sucesso. (If you speak English can see the version in English of the Camiseta Personalizada. If he will be possible add my blog in your blogroll I thankful, bye friend).

    ReplyDelete